This is a Don't Miss Class!
We have all supplies needed at the shop. Please bring ALL supplies list. This is so important to make the most of this class.
TAKE NOTE - this is a long class starting at 9am & ending at 6pm, please be on time and set up and ready to go by 9am. The shop will be open 30 minutes prior to class to get in and set up to be ready to start. We have a lot to cover and you will not get through the class if late and will keep the class from flowing ahead. Did not want to make it a 2 day class so this is why it is a long day. Please understand
If you need extra drinks or snacks for yourself, welcome to bring.
*sewing machine in good working condition - bring foot peddle and power cord along with owners manual
*1/4 quilters foot & stitch in the ditch foot
*basic sewing supplies: flower head pins, heavy duty long yellow head pins by Dritz, pincushion, thread snips or small scissors, seam ripper, wonder clips, marking tool, 2 empty bobbins. (we supply the thread in kit)
*cutting mat - ruler (8 1/2" x 24" creative grids) & ruler (1 1/2" x 12" creative grids) - rotary cutter
*binding tool, 3 in 1 binding tool, creative grids corner tool
*if you have a small ironing mat and travel iron for your personal sewing area would help being more productive!
* MUST purchase fabric kit for this class, we have cut and quilted 14" x 20" squares needed for samples - includes binding fabric, and prairie points fabric, matching thread, binding needle and handouts. $35 already discounted for class
You will make 6 - 14" x 20" samples. These can later be grommet and ring along with handout for each in binder for reference when needed for later use!
1. binding applied using binding tool and hand sewing so thread melts into backing
2. binding applied using binding tool and machine sewn to back with matching thread (stitch in the ditch foot extremely helpful)
3. binding applied and cut using 3 in 1 binding tool creating a flange binding, all machine sewn
4. 2 sided binding using 3 in 1 tool.
5. bias binding cut and applied to a fillet corner sample - creative grid corner tool awesome for this task
continuous bias binding, how to make and cut tube. You will make the tube and cut but not sew on to sample
6. how to make and apply prairie points and binding - 1/2 pointing in and 1/2 pointing out.
class fee to be paid by check or cash - make check out to Linda Caraway. All supplies or other purchases can by paid through the register with cash, check or credit card.